Itad is a leading international development consultancy providing advice to governments, foundations, multilateral agencies and non-profits on how to maximise the impact of their investments. We have a 35-year track record of providing our clients with the information and insight they need to make development work smarter, produce better results and improve people’s lives. Our knowledge and expertise are grouped around Practice areas including Fragile and Conflict-affected Settings (FCAS), Human Development, Inclusive Growth, Social Protection, Climate Change and Livelihoods, and Governance and Institutional Strengthening.
Our Governance and Institutional Strengthening practice brings together world class expertise in governance, organisational effectiveness and gender and inclusion. Through our delivery of high-quality projects, thought leadership and business development, our practice team are experts in:
- Governance and accountability: We work alongside partners such as the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Hewlett Foundation to help identify what works best in governance, citizens engagement and advocacy to help them strengthen the effectiveness and impact of their work.
- Gender and social inclusion: We work with partners such as UNWomen, the World Food Programme, and GAVI to addresses a cross-section of global gender inequality and inclusion challenges, and spans all of our topics, from women’s economic empowerment to addressing violence against women in families, workplaces and communities.
- Organisational effectiveness: We support partners such a Porticus, the Multilateral Organisation Performance Assessment Network, and Norad, in strengthening organisational systems, structures processes and practices, to improve results.
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and organised Senior Consultant to join the governance and institutional strengthening team and take the lead on MEL projects and business development activities with new and existing clients.
In delivering the role, you will combine your thematic expertise with technical evaluation and research skills. You will be adept at working collaboratively, with both internal team members and external project teams.
You will contribute to project delivery, develop and maintain stakeholder relationships, lead business development activities, and build our reputational capital and market presence. You will play an active role in bidding work and have a clear understanding of commercial drivers.
The core technical strengths of all our consultants are focused around four key dimensions:
- Evidence Advocate: generating robust evidence and using this to support clients and shape global debates;
- Change Agent: supporting clients in reflecting, learning and managing change;
- Project Manager: contributing to and building high performing project teams that deliver quality and commercial targets;
- Trusted Advisor: building long term relationships with clients and partners that add value and deliver commercial success.
You will have a proven track record in governance and institutional strengthening and will have already delivered complex monitoring and evaluation assignments. You should have experience in at least one of the three core areas of expertise set out above. This is a technical role and you will be adept at applying a range of evaluation and research designs and methods (qualitative and quantitative), as well as MEL thinking and practice. You will have consultancy or evaluative experience and be able to quickly establish credible and strong working relationships with team members, clients, partners and stakeholders, leveraging existing networks where appropriate. In addition, you will have the ability to lead, manage and influence others.
We are looking for demonstrable achievements across the four key dimensions of the core technical strengths. As an evidence advocate you will have led the design and implementation of complex M&E projects and workstreams, actively seeking new data tools and techniques to apply in a structured and systematic way to produce evidence based findings. As a change agent you will have a proven track record in conveying ideas and thinking in a clear, focused style, flexing your technique to suit the environment. As a project manager you will have demonstrated your ability to actively manage clients whilst building trust, ensuring a quality focus supported by clear commercial project management skills. As a trusted advisor you will have led proposals, leveraging your own network to research and define issues and generate solutions, and built positive relationships with high profile clients.
The salary for this role is up to £43k depending on your skills and experience.
We also offer a comprehensive learning and development programme, 24 days holiday plus additional time off over Christmas and a matched company pension up to 5%.
The role is based in our offices in Brighton & Hove (East Sussex), but we are open to you working anywhere in the UK. Travel to the office would be expected for key company and team events.
You will already have the right to live and work in the UK and be able to undertake national and international travel when conditions allow.
The deadline for applications is December 17 but please note we will be interviewing successful candidates on a rolling basis.