We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
As a Programme Manager at Options, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient project management and/or project start-up of long and short-term projects for a variety of clients.
We are prospectively seeking candidates who are interested and experienced in providing surge capacity to project start-up and/or implementation, in anticipation of winning several new projects in 2022.
Working closely with the Team Leader and across Options’ Departments and project teams, the PM works to deliver projects on time, to budget and within Options’ quality standards.
Depending on the projects we win, the focus of the PM role may vary but includes:
- Setting up the project so that it is aligned to funder guidelines and Options’ project cycle management approach.
- Development and management of project budgets including internal and client facing engagements.
- Organises short-term consultant inputs in line with organisational procurement policies and procedures including preparation of terms of reference (TORs), sourcing, negotiating, drafting contracts, briefing, and managing consultants in liaison with HR, Legal and Compliance teams.
- Contribute to the development of team tools and sharing of best practise within the team and the wider organisation.
- Represents Options in various fora.
To succeed in this role:
- Extensive experience of the development and implementation of programmes
- Experience of managing large, complex donor-funded budgets
- Experience working in resource constrained settings and low- and middle-income countries
- Experience of close working relationships with partners and consortia
- Experience of contracts and contracting
- Ability to work on a wide range of projects and other issues simultaneously
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan and manage work in a highly organised way
- Excellent communicator both in writing and verbally
- Good negotiation skills
- Experience in delivering and managing commercial contracts
- Knowledge of the Health sector and international development issues
- Experience in people management and management of teams
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, Kenya or Nigeria