AtkinsLondon / Briston1M ago
We are seeking new colleagues to join our fast-growing specialist policy advisory team – Policy@Atkins.
Policy@Atkins is a brand-new team – seeking to change the way policy is developed and delivered. You’ll be involved in:
• Developing new research and writing thought-provoking material that moves the conversation forward in a given area of public policy
• Delivering advisory services to our clients on projects within the policy domain
• Overseeing or undertaking user research, data analysis and horizon scanning – the ingredients that support our work
• Working with clients to figure out where we can help, and helping us to win new work
• Collaborating across Atkins to gather leading thought for integration into client facing work and thought material
• Developing the Policy@Atkins team, and yourself – by being a reflective team member, supporting our colleagues and learning from each other
• Working with bid teams to shape tender responses and produce high quality bid content
• Continually developing own knowledge and understanding of consulting skills and client markets and supporting the development of others.
Successful candidates will be working with our clients from day one. We are looking for people who can demonstrate the following capabilities and experience across the following areas:
• You can build good and lasting relationships with clients at all levels in a business environment.
• You are able to gain client trust and identify opportunities for adding further value to the client relationship.
• You maintain a flexible approach to working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• You have a degree or equivalent qualifications; however significant relevant experience will also be considered.
• You have demonstrable experience in developing and implementing policy in complex and challenging settings, and in understanding the implications of policy changes
• Ideally you will have experience in one or more of our key markets (Defence, Aerospace, Security, Energy, Utilities, Highways, Rail and the Public Sector)
• Experience working in, or close to, the Public Sector (or wider Public Sector) would be highly desirable, but not essential
• You are a supportive team player and can communicate and collaborate effectively with a wide range of people.
• You can demonstrate an ability to transfer skills and knowledge to colleagues and clients.
• You are proactive and enjoy working with a variety of people, but also comfortable working independently.
• Additionally, experience in procuring or sale of consultancy work in the public sector would be desirable, but not essential.
• You will be commercially astute and able to contribute to winning work through opportunity identification, writing bids and taking part in presentations to prospective clients
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with you through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Atkins recognises the importance of helping its employees manage their work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements that enable them to balance their working life with parental and other caring responsibilities. For full details of our flexible working scheme and benefits package, please refer to our website.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
Diversity & Inclusion
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance