Junior Project Executive: Asia/Pacific Division
Landell Mills LtdSouth West, Englanda month ago
We are seeking a Junior Project Executive to support with business development and project management, as well as helping grow our expanding portfolio of work. This role provides a challenging but rewarding opportunity to build a career in the international development industry.
Duties and responsibilities
Identify and follow up on new business opportunities
• Undertake market research for new opportunities; meet with clients to understand their preferences and requirements so we can meet their needs.
Prepare expressions of interest and tender proposals for commercially viable project opportunities
• Help search for consortium partners and experts suitable for the project;
• Prepare expressions of interest for the work, highlighting the company’s experience;
• Support colleagues in preparing proposals outlining programmes of work and details of costs.
Help manage part of the current and future project portfolio - This will initially include several coffee value chains
projects in South East Asia (Indonesia, Timor-Leste, and Papua New Guinea), looking at on-farm productivity and quality of coffee, marketing and standards, as well as improved varieties and innovative technologies, in both commercial and speciality coffee sectors. This will include, but not limited to:
• Support in managing the relationship with project teams, beneficiaries and donors for the successful execution of contracts both from head office and in-country;
• Support in following up on the progress of project activities with the in-country team, including preparing and editing technical and progress project reports;
• Manage contracts, budgets and prepare financial reports and invoices;
• Working with the project administrator to ensure that experts are mobilised/demobilised efficiently (flights and hotels booked, visas and business cards organised…etc)
• Ensure that projects are started up efficiently (project risk assessment, Teams site, project handbook, support staff and rental vehicles hired…etc)
• Working with the marketing division, prepare news stories and fact-sheets, update project details on the database…etc.
Depending on your skills and experience, and the current portfolio, you may focus on one aspect more than another. In doing the above, you will be expected to contribute positively to the company’s profitable portfolio of work and its reputation for successful project acquisition and implementation. You will also be expected to carry out any other reasonable tasks requested by the Division Manager, as well as contributing to internal knowledge sharing and communication.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and should be able to travel outside the UK for work (as/when travel returns to normal following current COVID-19 restrictions).
Please download the job description on our website for full details - https://www.landell-mills.com/work-with-us/2021/4/7/nbspjunior-project-executive-asiapacific-division