British Expertise InternationalRemote1M ago
British Expertise International (BEI) is seeking an ambitious and pro-active intern to join our team to support our research,
communications and events delivery. This is a great opportunity to be at the heart of active discussions between UK
business, government, and international counterparts at a critical time in the country’s global agenda. You will not only learn
about many issues related to infrastructure, international development, and politics, but also develop invaluable relationships
In this role you will be responsible supporting the delivery of events, including researching events, logistics support, and hosting the events.
BEI supports members to understand international markets, identify, assess and secure business opportunities internationally through a wide range of activities, including networking events, sector-focused forums, bespoke international market intelligence, and demand-based trade missions. BEI has successfully delivered this unique focus, working both through our proprietary networks and alongside the UK government and other stakeholders, for over 50 years.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Research support on themes and topic ideas for events
- - Carry out research on themes and topics of interest to BEI members
- - Draft event idea proposals
- - Research potential event speakers for events
- Supporting the events team in event management and delivery:
- - Event management support including, logistics, promotion etc
- - Assist with event scheduling and outreach to members
- - Join events and contribute to discussions as appropriate
- Support communication effort to promote events and BEI activities through:
- - Engaging with members regarding events
- - Promote events on social media and website
- - Update CRM database
- - Take meeting minutes at events
- - Research and draft articles on topics of interest to members
- Ad hoc administrative support as requested
- As part of a small team it will be necessary to assist in a variety of tasks, as and when required.
- Essential skills.
- Good practical knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is essential, especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
- The candidate will be educated to degree level (2:1 or above), have excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- and have an interest in the business world and current affairs.
- Other essential skills: strong communication skills, research skills; organisational skills; proactive, can-do attitude.
- Desirable: Good or general understanding of the UK politics and the civil service. Some experience with CRM systems
- (Salesforce training will be provided). Interest in marketing and comms.
- Location: Mayfair, London (currently remote working due to Covid-19 restrictions) Duration: Three months, full time (renewable)
- Status: Right to work in the UK
- Please email your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BEI is a member-based organisation supporting UK-based companies exporting infrastructure, international development
and capacity building.
During the course of the internship, you will get a chance to attend a number of events with government and senior industry experts and will benefit by growing your personal network. You will expand your knowledge on how UK business interacts with government and will get a real insight into the workings of a business-focussed membership network.