Events and Communications Manager
British Expertise InternationalLondon9 days ago
British Expertise International (BEI) is a membership-based business development organisation dedicated to supporting its members to explore, assess and win business opportunities globally in all forms of infrastructure, capacity building and international development. Our particular focus is the dynamic and growing markets of Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America. Membership is designed to assist UK- based companies with building international networks, providing insights and delivering access to overseas markets.
The Events and Communications Manager role comprises all aspects of scheduling and delivering the BEI events programme, including communications, digital marketing, CRM (Salesforce) and website management. This is a permanent, full time role. Due to the Covid-19 restrictions all staff are currently working remotely, with all events taking place online as webinars. We will be looking to restart in-person events at our offices in Mayfair, London when restrictions allow, with hybrid/virtual events remaining part of our portfolio going forward.
The successful candidate will be an experienced events professional with great communication skills and attention to detail. They will be educated to degree level (2:1 or above), have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have an interest in the business world and current affairs. Good practical knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is essential, especially Outlook, Word and Excel. Some previous CRM experience is preferred, however Salesforce training will be provided.
- Event communications with members and guests
- Researching potential event topics and sourcing speakers in collaboration with the Directors
- Managing the event pipeline, with the bulk of events being populated at least of 3-4 months in
- Liaising with speakers in the run-up to the event
- Reviewing event registrations and following up with members to encourage event sign-up where
- Preparing event briefing notes prior to each event, covering speaker bios, research on event topic,
- potential questions
- On the day delivery of the event (currently on Teams/Zoom). Room set up, refreshments, printing
- event collateral, front of house, etc.
- Post-event follow up, including thank you emails, event reviews and Salesforce updates
- Ensuring all member information is up to date on Salesforce, working proactively or with account
- managers/directors as appropriate to capture all key member interactions, including meetings notes, interest groups and attendance at meetings
- Proactively identifying opportunities where marketing collateral will enhance comms with
- members/non-members or stakeholders
- Liaising with designer and directors to produce marketing collateral
- Composing and proof-reading event invitations
- Setting up and sending out mailings
- Managing and updating mailing lists
- Online event promotion, including publishing the event online, targeted marketing, follow-up
- marketing if required, social media promotion, promotion via partner networks
- Day-to-day management of BEI’s Twitter and LinkedIn accounts
- Populating content on BEI website
- Providing editorial and administrative assistance with weekly newsletter compilation and despatch
- As part of a small team, it will be necessary to assist on other tasks when required.
- How to apply:
- Please email your CV and covering letter to Alexandra Barnes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date:
- 24th January 2021