DAIApsley, Hemel Hempstead24d ago
DAI is looking to recruit an Education Advisor to join the expanding Education Team at DAI. The position will be full-time, permanent role; based within DAI Global UK Ltd. The role will be based from our spacious, bespoke offices in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, adjacent to fast rail links to London and southeast England, with scope to work remotely as necessary.
DAI is widely recognised for its commitment to international development, supported by extensive in-house technical and programme delivery expertise.
Our portfolio of 200 projects in 100 countries crosses multiple disciplines. Our clients include the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), USAID, the European Commission, EBRD, the World Bank, other donors and international lending institutions, and private corporations and philanthropies.
Responding to the needs of our growing business, we are looking to recruit a Senior Education Advisor to help support our existing portfolio of programmes and to help us to grow further into this sector. This individual will have significant experience in designing and delivering education programmes in developing country contexts and influencing policy work at national and international levels. They should have a deep understanding of education systems in developing countries, and how they can be strengthened and reformed.
The Education Advisor will directly support the Education Director to grow DAI Europe’s Education Portfolio, currently scoping a complex and interesting opportunity portfolio globally. This role be suit an experienced specialist in the area of education systems in developing country contexts. This individual will play a key role in developing DAI’s education practice through:
- Diagnosing education system challenges and designing responses to these across high priority bids and programming
- Providing technical quality assurance and strategic advisory services to DAI’s education bids and projects
- Developing and overseeing MEL frameworks and approaches across our portfolio of education programmes
Essential skills and qualifications:
- A strong understanding of the issues, evidence and debates around education systems reform
- Significant practical experience of delivering education systems programmes in developing country contexts
- Experience in policy influencing work at national and international levels in international development contexts
- Strong analytical and communication skills and strategic thinking
- Significant experience and relevant academic credentials
Strong preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of sector reform approaches and how education systems can facilitate better service deliver
- Familiarity with approaches to delivering education services in conflict affected or fragile contexts
- An understanding of social inclusion and/ or inclusive education, especially for girls
Experience supporting consulting services or international development projects, especially with FCDO or other UK government departments, or experience of working overseas, ideally in a development environment would be an advantage.
The salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience. DAI offers a generous benefits package and there are several day-to-day perks of working at DAI that help keep us happy and motivated! Closing date for applications is 16th November 2020 and interviews will be held progressively.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. This job description details the key elements of the role and is not an exhaustive list of duties. Job roles evolve over time and job-holders may be required to complete additional tasks in line with business needs.
You will be pleased to know that we strive to uphold the highest ethical standards and that we are working with our clients to reduce the opportunity for people who are known to have breached ethical standards to work in our field. Any staff and/or consultant contract with DAI, therefore, will be subject to satisfactory reference checking and vetting.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.