Director of Finance (Tetra Tech International Development, Europe) - United Kingdom
Tetra Tech International DevelopmentLondon22 days ago
Director of Finance (Tetra Tech International Development, Europe)
Reporting to: Managing Director and operates as part of the leadership team (Managing Director, Practice Area Leads, Head of Business Development and Operations Director).
Location: London or Reading, with occasional international travel.
About Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech (www.tetratech.com) is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. We support government and commercial clients with innovative solutions focused on infrastructure and urban development, energy, transport, water, resource management and international development. With 20,000 associates worldwide, our capabilities span the entire project cycle.
About Tetra Tech International Development, Europe
Tetra Tech International Development Europe is part of Tetra Tech’s Global Development Services Division. Our teams deliver international development programmes and projects in the areas of governance, security and justice, economic growth and infrastructure for clients such as the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), the UN, the EU, EIB and other donors and funding agencies. We also have a strong independent in-house monitoring, evaluation and learning practice that measures the effectiveness of aid worldwide. We have corporate offices in the UK, Kenya, Nigeria, Turkey, Poland and the Netherlands.
How we work and our values We are committed to maintaining business practices that honour and protect the dignity and integrity of everyone with whom the company conducts business, employs and serves. As a leading international development organisation we fully support continued progress and improvement within the development community to make development initiatives more effective. We are also committed to addressing various cross-cutting issues relevant to international development to ensure that all people can access and enjoy the benefits of our activities.
• We value our people: we support the development of our people, ensuring that the environments in which they work are fair, safe and flexible.
• We deliver quality results: we go the extra mile to deliver value for our clients, impact for beneficiaries and a fair financial return for the company to grow sustainably.
• We collaborate effectively: we work authentically with our clients, beneficiaries and partners and strive to communicate clearly and openly at all times.
• We encourage creativity and innovation: we encourage entrepreneurial thinking and provide the freedom, support and investment for new ideas and initiatives.
• We operate with integrity: we encourage entrepreneurial thinking and provide the freedom, support and investment for new ideas and initiatives.
About the role
We are looking for a Director of Finance role to take responsibility for the Finance function within Tetra Tech International Development, Europe. The Finance function consists of all aspects of Management Accounting, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Tax and Statutory Compliance, Group Accounting and Foreign Exchange Management.
You will be responsible for:
• Company Leadership: Playing a key role as a member of Tetra Tech International Development Europe’s Leadership Team with collective responsibility for delivering a business growth strategy.
• Finance team leadership and management: Leading, managing, and mentoring the Finance team.
• Strategy: Developing and delivering short-, medium-, and long-term strategies to ensure the Finance function is fit for purpose and contributing to the business in achieving its annual (and multi-year) objectives.
• Financial reporting: Ensuring that regular project, practice and corporate reporting fulfils its purpose as a record of account and provides clear management information to those that need it.
• Cost management: Identifying the optimum cost base for business (based on projected revenues and margin targets). Develop cost categorisation and allocation reports for Leadership Team to manage and monitor cost base appropriately.
• Company registrations and compliance: Working with the Director of Operations to ensure full corporate compliance in countries where we work. This includes the registration and maintenance of company subsidiaries (and branches), employment law compliance, payroll, contracting of individuals and subcontractors and all forms of tax (including corporate, employment and VAT).
• Client relationships: Building and maintaining relationships with our client’s Finance and Compliance teams.
• External networks: Building and maintaining a strong network of suppliers (for example, auditors, tax advisers and payroll providers).
• Internal networks: Developing a strong partnership, and excellent collaboration and cooperation, with practice areas, business development, and operations, and with other Operating Units within the Tetra Tech group.
• You are a qualified accountant with a minimum of 10 years’ post-qualification experience and are experienced in using Oracle and Hyperion accounting packages.
• You value people and have strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills, ability to bring people together, team working, collaboration, decisiveness, analytical and critical thinking, strategic thinking, problem solving and multi-tasking skills, organisational and leadership skills.
• You collaborate effectively with strong leadership experience within an international organisation, and substantive experience of managing complex finance function within a multi-national group environment and both internal and external client relationships.
• You deliver quality results evidenced by your experience of working with project finances and proposals funded by Government Institutions, e.g. FCDO, EU and multilaterals such as UN and the World Bank. Through this you will have gained a sound understanding of the international development consultancy sector.
• You are creative and innovative particularly in distilling large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data into the information that matters and on which to facilitate decision-making.
• You have excellent written and spoken English and the right to work in the UK.
What we can offer you?
• Competitive salary
• 25 days leave (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
• Employer pension contribution
• Life and Health insurance
• Supportive working environment (e.g. Employee assistance programme, mental health champions)
• Flexible working policy
Please send a cover letter with the subject line BEI04 outlining your suitability for the role and your CV to Carol Softleigh (Carol.Softleigh@tetratech.com) by May 7th 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an initial phone interview. The final part of the process will take the form of a presentation and an in-depth interview.
We ask shortlisted candidates to make us aware of any special requests or needs.
We actively encourage applications from underrepresented or marginalised groups. We are committed to diversity in our workforce.
It is important to us that our workplace reflects the diversity of communities where we work and is inclusive of everyone. We believe that inclusion makes our work more effective and strengthens our outcomes in poor and marginalised communities around the world. We have fair recruitment, retention and progression policies, and actively support the progression and development of underrepresented groups. Many of our policies, including our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy, can be found on our website: International Development - Tetra Tech Europe | International Development – Tetra Tech Europe
All candidates must have the existing right to work in the United Kingdom. Visa sponsorship will not be offered for this vacancy.
Applications close: 7 May 2021
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors around the world, including the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth& Development Office (FCDO), and the European Union (EU). Our people are focused on improving lives by working side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth, and good governance. Tetra Tech International Development is part of Tetra Tech, a global family of experts providing international development services in over 13 key practice areas in over 100 countries around the world. Tetra Tech serves the major aid markets in the UK and Europe, as well as the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Department of State, Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and multilateral development banks.